Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is a senior role reporting to the President and will be tasked with improving operational processes and efficiency across departments, as well as overseeing special projects. They are responsible for overseeing the internal processes and systems upon which all departments depend. They will revisit and reevaluate existing KPIs across the company, ensuring we are measuring and adapting to the data, and always getting better.
They will oversee most technical aspects of the company including coordinating IT projects, the Shambhala.com website, and the email marketing platform. They will oversee special projects, beginning with the affiliate marketing program and the author experience initiative.
As an interdepartmental liaison, the director will optimize all interdepartmental processes and workflow between editorial, production and design, finance, rights, and marketing.
They will approach all aspects of the job with Shambhala Publications’ mission at heart (https://www.shambhala.com/vision-mission).
- Lead senior level staff across several departments.
- Strategy and execution of Online Courses (while current head of courses is on sabbatical)
- Liaison with IT support
- Oversee Marketing infrastructure including website and email marketing platform. This will include managing relationships with our developers and partners.
- Oversee the use of the Virtusales Biblio publishing platform
- Ensure collaboration and consistent communication across departments
- Attends and leads several meetings per week including: 1:1s with direct reports, Marketing meetings, Online Courses meetings, Managers’ Meetings
• **Strong understanding of subject areas of publishing for the Company, in particular Buddhism. Ideal for the candidate to also have some level of experience and understanding of other world religions, psychology, health and wellness.
• Understanding of the drivers of business profitability.
• An omnivorous reader including of works in the areas we publish.
• Strong background in website development and strategy for driving traffic and revenue, including UX.2. Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Provide strategy and oversight, encourage innovation, and build diverse teams that thrive and produce excellent results.
• Strong technical skills including website development, Magento 2, WordPress, to be able to be a liaison with our web developer.
• Ability to handle advanced and novel problems
• Extremely analytical
• Ability to set strategy and contribute to positive company culture
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to work with and manage a variety of high-level personnel
• Ability to skillfully navigate and resolve conflict
• Ability to assess risk and make sound financial decisions3. Education:
• BA English, Liberal Arts, Communication or equivalent.
• 10 plus years in technology-related
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills
- Some general presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Skilled in developmental editing
- General problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere and meet tight deadlines
- Handles unique and challenging problems on a regular basis
- Understands finances of book acquisition and factors that contribute to overall profitability
- BA English, Liberal Arts, Communication or equivalent.
- 10 plus years in technology-related roles
- 5 plus years managing teams
Salary range: $75,000-$130,000
Contact: email@example.com. Please send cv and a cover.
This position is a great learning and growth opportunity for someone who is creative, proactive, and passionate about books, especially in the subjects of Buddhism, creative living, and personal growth. The Marketing Manager (possibility for this to be a Senior Marketing Manager, pending experience) will be responsible for executing marketing campaigns across the Shambhala, Bala Kids, Snow Lion, and Roost Books imprints. We have a fantastic team and are looking for someone interested in being a collaborative team player, with the ability to stay nimble and quickly respond to marketing and publicity needs. This is a full-time role with outstanding benefits and health care. Preference is for Front-Range applicants in Colorado, with the possibility for this to be a remote position.
• Report to Sales and Marketing Director
• Create and execute tailored marketing campaigns for each book, based on audience, genre, and in-house prioritization
• Proactively manage author relations and communication strategy
• Assist with the design and/or production of promotional materials
• Build and deploy integrative promotional and lead generation campaigns in the Shambhala email program
• Set up organic and paid campaigns with a particular focus on Facebook & Instagram, liaising with marketing and publicity colleagues
• Draft sales and marketing copy and materials
• Research, maintain, and organize department outreach databases and list
• Curate and manage website content and metadata
• Manage and execute departmental administrative duties as needed
• Basic understanding of marketing landscape and strategy
• Copywriting experience in social media, media, or editorial capacity
• Solid understanding of social media and media platforms and influencer outreach, including an eye for aesthetic and branding
• Working (or deeper) knowledge of Buddhism preferred
• Interest in working on books from of our primary publishing areas, including Buddhism, meditation and mindfulness, yoga, health and wellness, and creativity
Skills and Abilities:
• Highly organized
• Detail- and deadline-oriented
• Eager to learn new skills
• Ability to think creatively and tailor book marketing and publicity campaigns
• Project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting
• Basic photo editing skills
• Ability and desire to be a team player
• Ability to use video communication software like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and others
• Preferred education: BA in Communications, English, Marketing, or PR (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of experience in marketing
• Some graphic design experience preferred
In compliance with the Transparency in Coverage (TiC) rule finalized by The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Department of Labor, and the Department of the Treasury (the Departments),group health plans and health insurance issuers must disclose cost sharing information upon request to a participant, beneficiary, or enrollee, including an estimate of the individual’s cost-sharing liability for covered items or services furnished by a particular provider. Plans and issuers must make this information available on an internet website, thereby allowing a participant, beneficiary, or enrollee (or his or her authorized representative) to obtain an estimate and understanding of the individual’s out-of-pocket expenses and effectively shop for items and services.